Monday, February 1, 2010

Right now its about 11pm here. We landed at 5 this morning and I haven't slept (except for 1hr on the flight over) since 7am Sunday morning- 40ish hours? I'm so ready for bed. The flight wasn't bad at all. It would've been nice to fly into Dublin when the sun was up, but even the lights of the city were beautiful. It took no time at all to pass through customs, they just waved us on by. And everyone is so friendly! Especially our group contact guy Martin (who knew all thirty something of us by name even though we'd never met him). It was an interesting ride to campus. Getting on the opposite side of the bus, driving on the worng side of the road, and the fact that it was 730 in the morning but looked like nighttime.

I think I really lucked out with the housing situation. The room is really nice, plain but nice. It doesnt have a big bed (:() but I'll survive :) Its surprisingly comfortable. And when I went to the mall I got a really nice duvet cover, pillowcase, and set of sheets for 9 euros altogether. Penneys is the most amazing store ever. I bought a scarf for .5 euros which equals 70cents US and a really really really cute pair of shoes to replace the teal ones I couldn't justify bringing with me for 3 euros! My mom would love this store, I wish she was here! Anyways, I also get my own bathroom which is very nice. Its got one of those showers thats really just a drain on the floor next to the toilet but its fine with me. Then there's a nice common room and kitchen area. I have 4 roommates. A girl from Chicago, one from Virginia, and then a guy from Dublin and a guy from Japan. They're all very nice andwere so welcoming. They got up early so they would be awke when i got there and then we hung out for a good part of the day. We went to the movies tonight and walked around city center a bit which was really nice.

Tomorrow morning we have a breakfast thing and then orientation stuff and walking tours all day. I'll try to post pictures soon!

1 comment: