Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I thought I was in Boston today. Of course the day of our walking tour it decides to pour. And it was freezing. Apparently its very rare to have weather like that in Dublin. The tour ended up getting cut short and postponed until this weekend but we still had the opportunity to walk around a little and stop at a pub for some food. The food was soooo good and Irish haha. and the people there were so friendly. I will never get tired of the accents.
On another note, I'm very thankful for my awesome roommates because I can't stand most of the people with my group. I just have a big issue with disrespectful people. The majority of the group will show up late to scheduled meetings, tours etc., they'll complain the whole time, and they talk constantly during our classes. This morning we were supposed to meet at 930 to go on our tour. At 945 there were still only 25 of 34 people. Some people came a half hour late! Like if you don't want to go, no one is forcing you. Just call and say you aren't coming instead of making everyone who was there on time wait around for you. And they should stop complaining about not being able to hear Don and Martin (the guys in change of our group), because if you aren't talking and yelling then you wouldn't have a problem hearing anything. They also show up incredibly hungover/still drunk to things which wouldn't bother me too much aside from the lateness but as an example of how things are this morning one girl was throwing up all over the bus before our tour. Real classy. And then when we went to a pub today to get some lunch, the two girls in front of me were so rude to the people making our sandwiches. It was completely unneccessary. Pat and I ate our food so quickly so we could get out of there and away from them.
Anyways, now I'm probably gonna take a nap. I got over my jetlag pretty quickly but I didn't get to bed until late last night so I think it'd be a good idea to catch up on some sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Just tuned into your blog. Sounds like your having a great time. That's great that your getting along with your roommates. Hopefully the disrespectful others will get a clue.

    We miss you!!!
    Jim Chris Candis Ryan and Champ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole - Miss you at MES! Since you are somewhat of an ambassador for the U.S., continue to make us proud and treat your new Irish friends with respect and graciousness, as we know you will. Hopefully the others will follow suit. I hope you're taking lots of pictures and recording your memories. I'm taking good care of your mom. ;) Hugs - Emilie

    ReplyDelete