Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Time for another overdue update

Since the last time I updated I've been very busy with school and even travelling. For Easter the first weekend of April my friend Pat and I went to Paris to visit my friend Danielle who is studying abroad there. It was AMAZING! Once all my papers are passed in I'll be posting pictures but we went to Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, Champs Elysees, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and so much more. The second day that we were there we decided to walk up the Eiffel Tower (instead of taking the lift). Even though we were only able to go up 2 stages thats still a TON of steps. Plus it was rainy and windy so it was the most enjoyable weather in which to climb the tower but it was still fun. And the view from the very top is incredible. My favorite part of the trip was going to Versailles. The Palace was beautiful and as a history major who has studied Versailles both in history classes and French class it was surreal to be there.

Just this past week my whole program went to Northern Ireland for our last field trip. It was a very emotional trip in comparison to our Westport trip. I dont have time for a full update now but basically we were able to take a look at the history of the troubles, the murals all over Belfast, the Peace Wall separating the Nationalist side and the Unionist sides of Belfast, as well see where Bloody Sunday occurred. Sometime next week I'll be doing a longer update but for now I have to go write papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment